If you are passionate about child health in Manitoba, then we would like to hear from you!
Are you interested in being considered for the Children’s Hospital Foundation Board?
The Children’s Hospital Foundation Board of Directors is looking for individuals who are willing to devote their time, energy, funds, and talent.
The Children’s Hospital Foundation Board of Directors sets strategic direction, board policies, assists with fundraising and oversees the activities of the Foundation. Representatives from all sectors comprise the board.
The Board meets up to 10 times annually*.
- Meetings are held at the Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba, 715 McDermot Avenue, 5th Floor from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Annual General Meeting held in May
- Additional commitments may also arise
Board members are normally elected to a three year term, with the possibility to serve up to two consecutive terms.
If you are interested in being elected to the Board of Directors, please send your letter of intent, area of interest and resume to Jacquie Simpson, Executive Assistant at email@example.com. / (204)787-4095. The Nominating/Governance Committee will consider all applications for vacant positions that become available prior to the Annual General Meeting which is held annually in spring.
Have you thought about volunteering your time to help sick children?
In order to help raise funds for the sick children that we serve, the Children’s Hospital of Manitoba also has a number of standing committees. These committees generally meet 4-12 times a year, depending on the committee. Commitments include:
- Advisory Council (meets periodically), Child Health Advisory Committee, Development (Fundraising), Finance, Human Resources, Investment, Marketing & Communications, and Nominating/Governance.
- In addition to the above standing committees, there are also at present the following special event committees: Teddy Bears Picnic, Dr. Goodbear Golf Tournament, Ice Crystal Gala, the Children’s Hospital Book Market and the Bear Essentials Fashion Show, amongst others.
- To learn more about some of the Children’s Hospital Foundation Special Events please click here.
- Board members are expected, whenever possible, to attend events
If you are interested in sitting on a committee, please send your letter of intent, area of interest and resume to Jacquie Simpson, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org / (204)787-4095 All applications will be forwarded to the Nominating/Governance Committee for review.
The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba is a member of Imagine Canada.
*subject to change
Board of Directors 2016/2017
Karen Cornejo, Chair
Mark Evans, Immediate Past Chair
Dean Schinkel, Treasurer & Chair of Finance
Dr. Janet Grabowski, Chair, Child Health Advisory Committee
John Perrin, Secretary
Robert Darling, Chair, Investment Committee
Peter Davey, Chair, Governance /Nominating Committee
Lisa Heimbecker, Chair, Development Committee
Jim McEachern, Chair, Marketing & Communications Committee
Darcy Strutinsky, Chair, Human Resources Committee
Jean Burton, Chair, Children’s Hospital Guild of Manitoba
Dr.Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg, Chair, Advisory Council
Chris Kaeuenhofen, Representative, Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba Board of Directors
Chief Kevin Hart
Dr. Michael Narvey
Dr. Terry Klassen – CEO & Scientific Director, Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba, , Professor & Head, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba; Medical Director, Child Health Program, WRHA
Lawrence Prout – President & CEO, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
Monika Warren – Program Director Child Health & Director of Patient Services, Child Health
Dr. Perry Gray, MD – Chief Operating Officer (Acting), Vice-President and Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Dr. Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg, Chair
Fiona Webster Mourant
Children’s Hospital Guild of Manitoba Board of Directors
2014-2016 ( as established at AGM January 11, 2014)
|Chair: Jean BurtonAlison Darling
|Joan RettieAnna Sikora
Ex Officio: Lawrence Prout
2016 Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba Board